Friday, June 03, 2005

First day at the WSOP

Natalie set the alarm clock for 5:30am and the second for 6:00am... or at least I thought she did. I don't know if we slept through the alarms, or she couldn't figure out how to program the hotel alarm clock. Anyhow, we woke up at 6:30, scrambled to get ourselves put together and the tun of stuff Natalie got yesterday. Then we ran out the door in order to get to LAX in time to make our 8:00am flight. We had a great cab driver. He could have challenged any race car driver and probably won. We still didn't make it in time to check in at the curb. Natalie went in and got us a priority pass and managed to get the security guard to let us in the first class security check line. Then we we got to the gate, we finally got our seat assignments.

It was a quick flight to Vegas, but I lost the valet ticket at some point along the trip. It took awhile to locate our keys, so we left the airport about 10am. We headed straight to the Rio to get my seat assignment. When we got there, Natalie got in line for me and I got me a fruit platter. I was going to sit down and eat my snack, but so many people wanted autographs and I didn't want to turn them down. Natalie got my seat card and we headed to the Denali. I was so hungry I scarfed the whole fruit platter down before we even made it to the house.

The tournment was bound to start late, so we got cleaned up and took it easy for a few minutes at the house before heading back to the Rio. We made it back to the Rio about 12:30pm and the event still hadn't started. That was a good thing, because then I don't feel rushed to get to my table. We started with $1500 in chips, so I don't really want to miss any blinds. Needless to say, I'm out. I had doubled up and got involed in a $5000 pot with a pair of Kings. The other guy had Ace King and hit the ace. Then I had only $700 left. So when I got an Ace Nine, I decided to play. I got called with a pair of Nines and got no help. On to the next event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home