Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I got 2nd Place


It is being called the greatest TV tournament of all time. I do not know if that is a correct statement, but I have heard it from several people. Nolan Dalla, whose opinion I respect, said that it will become a legendary tournament. All I know is that it was exhausting. It was extremely tiring to play 30 hours of intense poker in a 3 day time frame. The final table alone went on for over 11 hours.

I was very tickled by the things that Phil Hellmuth said about me to ESPN in his exit interview. Although I didn't hear it at the time, I read about it in the articles published about the event. I am looking forward to seeing it on Christmas Eve. I was laughing like crazy reading about it, and am sure to get a huge chuckle when the show airs. I had fun knocking him out of another tournament.

Thank you to all of the people who called and e-mailed wishing me well going in to the final table. I was overwelmed with the number of wellwishers and have to appologize for not being able to take the calls or respond to the e-mails. Those ESPN people work you quite a bit on the interviews and specialty shots and such, and I was taking every free moment that I had to go over my strategies. Also, thank you to everyone who came to the taping and rooted me on. I really appreciate your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home