Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's Been Awhile

I know I haven't posted in awhile. We've been visiting family and trying to tie up loose ends in Alabama and Memphis. I had to go to the doctor about my mouth again... This time, an oral surgeon. He found a cyst and cut it out. He said it was about the size of a quarter in diameter. I was totally out of it. Natalie worked hard to take care of me. That medicine they put you on makes you feel so weird! I was walking in to the walls, I was so dizzy. The swelling has finally gone down.

Now that's all over with, I can gear up for the WSOP Circuit Main Event in Tunica. I played the Pot-Limit Omaha with rebuys the other day and didn't do any good. My mouth was still bothering me a little bit that day and my ipod was dead. Natalie and I just drove down there from the condo on a whim. I had her pack a bag in case we decided to stay the night. Once I bought in the tournament, I told Natalie she should see about getting a room. The people at the Grand were very nice and comped it for us. Once I busted out, we had an enjoyable time at the pool.

My mouth is better -- I seem to have more energy now that the infection and that cyst are out, my ipod is charged and ready to go, and I have been getting more exercise lately. Hopefully I can get lucky in the tournament and do well. I need it after getting torn up at the Rio and the Plaza tournaments. That was a lot of work playing those tournaments and not making a big cash. It hurts a man's ego a bit. Well, it's getting late. I'm going to hit the sack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home