Sunday, October 02, 2005

One Happy Island

Bon Bini from Aruba!
I just got knocked out of the UltimateBet WPT Tournament, and I am not too terribly sad about it. Of course I was hoping to win. Everyone is when they enter a tournament. But, if I am going to get knocked out early, this is a good one to do it on. My best friend, Dennis, and his son, Landon, came down to Aruba. Dennis won his seat online and got put at a table with Phil Ivey. He was so thrilled to win a big pot againt Phil. It was good to spend time with Dennis. I don't get to see him as much as I would like since I am traveling so much.

My hand I lost with was a pair of Queens against Ace King. We got in all in before the flop, and I thought I had him, until I noticed that there was a flush out. Now, I had queen high flush, but his King out flushed me and I was set to be a beach bum for the rest of the week. I sweated Dennis in the tournament for a couple of days, and talked with poker buddies I hadn't seen in a few tournaments. Brian Haveson, his wife, Tammy thier friends, Natalie and I all went out for a nice dinner one night. I have to thank Rick Fuller, Clonie's boyfriend, for the best part of the trip. He got Natalie and me to go with him to scuba school. We spent 4 days diving in the beautiful Carribean Sea, and are now certified scuba divers. I think we will get lots of enjoyment out of this since we will be going to the Bahamas in January.

Well, today is our last day in Aruba, and I need to get me a cuban cigar, and good beer, and get back to the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home