Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me


Yesterday was my birthday. I wasn't expecting much ado, and wasn't up to it. I am a bit sick, but should be over it soon. I had already gotten most of my presents already. Natalie's mother, Amy, called bright and early to wish me Happy Birthday. However, I was asleep when she called, and when I checked my voicemail, there was Amy... singing the birthday song!

Natalie took me to our favorite Chinese restaurant in Memphis. It's actually called the New Nam King, but everyone calls it Annie's -- after the woman who runs the place. Natalie slipped word to Annie that it was my birthday, and Annie brought out some chocolate (my favorite) and dessert with a candle in it. Then off went the party popper full of confetti. I was so surprised by it all. Natalie has only taken me to Annie's a handful of times, but they treat me like I am family. Annie and her husband follow me on the tv, which is really sweet.

When we got home, Natalie gave me the one present I hadn't already managed to weasel from her... That Louis Vuitton wallet that I had wanted in New York and Natalie wouldn't let me get. After all of that, I was beat. I slept most of the day next to the fire made from the wood Mike chopped and brought over to the house for me, as part of my birthday present.

It may not have been the most eventful birthday, but it was a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home