Saturday, July 22, 2006

PRO-file: Hoyt Corkins

Bluff Magazine has a feature that the do every issue, entitled" PRO-file." The August issue features, none other than Hoyt. Check your local magazine stand for it. The five-page article is on page 66. Danny Aller was the reporter who wrote this piece and I have to say, he did a wonderful job on it. Also, thanks go out to Daniel Negreanu, who contributed some heartfelt compliments about Hoyt.

Today, Hoyt is playing in the $5,000 Pot-Limit Hold'em event. There are currently 117 players remaining from the 378 original entrants. Hoyt has 18,200 in chips, which is above the approximate 16,150 average. Player will be "in the money" at 36 players. They are currently at level 7 with 200-400 blinds. Level 8 will start with 300-600 blinds.

I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Natalie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natlie, Hoyt ... you just made my night.

Thanks for the compliment and I'm thrilled you guys liked the story.

The folks at Bluff (according to those who had a sneak peak at it after I filed the story and before it hit newstands) thought that it was going to be a hit, so I'm glad to hear it was an all-around success.

Unfortunately, Hoyt's "shroud of mystery" he's been cultivating for so long has officially been lifted, and now everyone knows the 'Alabama Cowboy's' story.

But then again, that was the idea. And he certainly was long overdue.

Well, thanks again, but it truly was my pleasure getting to know both of you while I worked on the piece. I still look forward to meeting you guys one of these days when I give up this writing thing and come battle Hoyt on the felt full time. Be on the lookout for me, eh.... let's say around 2008. (I'm ready to go now, just waiting to win the lottery ... or something equivalent to that. ;)

By the way, good luck in the Main Event. I got you at 2-to-1 to win it all. ;)

All the best,

Danny Aller

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home