Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Congratulations, Lee!

My friend, Lee Watkinson, just won the Pot-Limit Omaha bracelet last night. All of my avid fans know that this event is the one I won in 1992. I provided commentary for part of the final table then Ted Lawson picked up the commentary for the rest of it. Ted is also one of my good friends, and he won the Pot-Limit Omaha in 2004, beating Lee heads up.

On the final hand, they got got it all-in preflop; and Lee made a straight on the turn. The tournament director wasn't sure if the hand was over yet. Natalie was running out onto the floor, draggin Lee's fiancee, Timmi with her, screaming, " It's over! Lee has the nutz!" After a few seconds that seemed much longer, Lee was officially deemed the Champion. We all had our photo taken with Lee wearing his clothing line, Criminal Mind.

Congratulations again, Lee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home