Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's Like a Kick in the Gut

On the hand that knocked me out, we got it all in on the turn. I was on a straight flush draw against David William's aces up and didn't hit the flush or the straight. It was a 250,000 pot.

Whether you got it in with the worst or the best hand, when you get knocked out it stings. This tournament was paying $3.7 million dollars for 1st place. 2nd and 3rd were over $1 million as well. I felt really good about my chances at the end of the first day, finishing with 123,000. Everyone else at my table was way behind me in chips. The only named players were Hung La and Joe Cassidy. David got moved to my table and I wasn't that worried at first... Then he started rasing about 80% of the hands. When someone like that raises all the time, you know longer give him credit for a hand. You just feel like he is always bluffing.

Natalie worked hard to get prepared for the event and to get me realxed and focused on our day off. It just didn't work out for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home