Friday, March 03, 2006

BAY 101 WPT


I couldn't make through to the tv at the WPT Invitational. Only six spots got paid, so I didn't make the money either. There's been no definative word on when I'll be on The Tonight Show, but it is supposed to be some time soon.

As for the tournament at Bay 101, I got knocked out before the first break. I was crippled on a hand against a woman sitting to my direct right. I had pocket 2's. The flop came gin for me - 8 2 A. I had a set of 2's and the probability of her having pocket A's for the set was so small, it was almost impossible. The turn came J. The woman checked, I bet and she called. Then the river came another J. Now I had made a full house. She bet 400, I raised to 5K, she shoved all-in and I had to call. I had put half my stack in the pot and it was a 500 to 1 shot for her to have the nuts. LOW AND BEHOLD she turns up A J for the bigger full house. That left me with 225 in chips. I managed to build my stack to about 1600 when I woke up with a pair of J's. Tom McEvoy, who was sitting two away on my left, set me all-in with his K's. Five cards were no help and I was out in a flash.

I've played almost every 10K event this year, so it is time for a break. I'm going to lay low until the Reno WPT later this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home