Monday, January 30, 2006

Out in the First Level at the Grand

I spent so much energy to make it so deep at the Goldstrike, and I became so frustrated by it, that I just couldn't put enough into the WSOP Circuit in Tunica. Natalie's cousins Lezlie and Dana came down to sweat me in the tournament; and arrived just in time to see me make the long "Walk of Shame" out of the tournament area, past the reular poker room and down the escalators. It was really good to meet them and was really thoughtful of them to come. I only wish I could have given them a better show.

Mike and Amy came down to have dinner in Lyle Berman's Steakhouse with us and Ted Lawson. We ran into Scotty Nguyen on the way, and took the opportunity to congratulate him on his win at the Goldstrike. Ted wanted to play in an online tournament, so he had his laptop going at the dinner table. It was quite a hoot to see him try and eat this huge steak while clicking away at his mouse. After dinner, we all went to the room and sweated Ted. Natalie and Amy fell asleep, so once Ted busted out and went back to his room, Mike and I headed to the craps tables.

The next day Natalie had scheduled an interview for ESPN. They were doing some renovations at hotel, so the interview was postponed while the crew broke down the set and moved it to another room.

1 Comments:

Blogger - said...

Made my first final table last week Hoyt. I owe a lot of credit to your wisdom. (and of course a little luck)

Walk of shame is rough. Been there done that, have the tee-shirt.

Keep firing.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home