Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yesterday's Play

I had a hard time geting out on the floor yesterday. There were a lot of spectators and the guards don't know me like the floorpeople do... I couldn't even get in the room at one point. I had to sneak over to the service entrance and run over to the bluff booth like I was playing a game of freeze tag. Once I got over there, I was safe.... But I couldn't see the action at Hoyt's table because it was too far away.

I have put in a request with Nolan Dalla directly for a press pass or a VIP pass. I should know on Friday if I get one. Ok , enough about that.

Hoyt's "table of death" quickly broke, but not before sending 10 unwilling victims to the rail. He later knocked out Shirley Williams, mother of 2004 second place finisher, David Williams, and a close friend of mine. She seemed to take the bust out pretty well.

Hoyt finished the day with about 72,000 in chips and about 550 players left in his flight. Flights C&D have merged together to play today and the remaining players will come back on Friday to play against the rest of the field. At 873, we will be in the money ($14,597). First place is slated to pay an even $12 million dollars.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping things up to date in the blog. I've found Cardplayer's chip counts even at the end of the night to always be way off. You'd think at the end of the night when people bag up their chips they could finally get an accurate chip count. I find the reporting to be quite biased and not good overall reporting. As a 2 year Cardplayer subscriber, I'm very disappointed. I rely heavily upon your blog.

All of the Mid-South is rooting for you including your local postman!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home